Orange Movement: Take Action
Here are just a few of the things you can do to join in this movement to end violence against women and girls:
- Light and decorate the outside of your home and property in orange.
- Wear orange on the 25th of each month and during the 16 Days of Activism and invite others to do the same. Share posts and tweets about it using the hashtag #orangeday.
- Orange your social media accounts and websites during 16 Days of Activism and invite others to do the same!
- Change the color of your email font to orange and change your signature to “Wonder why this email is orange? Because it’s the International Day to End Violence against Women”. Find out more at unwomen.org.
- Tell your friends about the 16 days of activism and ask them to get involved.
- Call for political commitments to be matched with meaningful action and adequate resources to end violence against women and girls worldwide.
- Know political candidates’ track records on human rights and vote accordingly both locally and nationally.